Friday, November 7, 2008

Get Swanky Yall.

What a difference a day and chatting with a few of the old school crew makes. The Swank 65 is this weekend and haven't really been getting excited about it until today. Several of the Yazoo Crew are heading to the mountains to join in the fun and Pillsbury is coming in from Chatty. Strength in numbers and good beer waiting at the finish line have me thinking about pedaling hard once again and seeing what I can take. I pulled off a third place finish in SS last year after pedaling my touring bike to the race from Nashville to Asheville in a few days. This year my training for the event consisted of riding everyday i could for two months, taking two weeks off, racing Double Dare, taking two weeks off and now then jumping in head first to the Swank. I have never had a training regimen (obviously) or a planed too far in advance when it comes to racing. I just get excited right before someone says go and a switch flips in me and it on. I think it comes from my years of racing BMX.

To "train" for BMX you simply rode as much as you could after school and on weekends with your buddies for fun and when it came time to line up on the gate you're cool and calm till the gate drops. When you heard that sound of gate hitting the ground, the race was on! I still have the same attitude when it comes to MTB Racing. I say I don't feel like going fast today, then when it's time to race I can't hold myself back.

So, I am once again looking forward to hanging with my friends and fronting with a lackadaisical attitude five minutes prior to racing. I will be thinking "I am going to ride with my buddies and just "chill" and enjoy the ride today" that is until someone says go and I take off. BMX roots never die, thank god.

Riders ready, watch the lights...


Jut Rut (aka Cru Jones wanna be)

1 comment:

beth said...

Represent
GO Rad Racing!