Friday, June 13, 2008

Life is good again.

After a bummer two days of dealing with bike loss heartache, I let it go. On Wednesday night Ty and I got together and joined a few ladies for 80's night at Broadways. Ty felt like crap and I had already started letting go of the negative feelings and encouraged him to do so as well. After all, I still have 6 other bikes I can ride and I know I am fortunate to have such a sweet fleet of bike options. I knew I could pull together another DJ bike without much trouble thanks to friends in the bike scene. Wednesday night was great and after sweating out my troubles and throwing back a few beers I was feeling like myself again for the first time in a few days. Ty let go as well and we got back to the good times. After a mind blowing night and kick ass start to the day, I said to myself "the only thing that could make this day any better would be if I were to find my bike today". Well the universe heard me and after mailing off a father's day card I drove down a street where we thought the bike thief may reside and sure enough my bike was lying in the front yard beside a fence in plain view. I pulled over, walked into the yard, picked up the bike, put in on top of my car and left the scene. I didn't bother stirring up any trouble as I saw the dudes that lived there hanging on the front porch the day before and each one of the four dudes out weighed me by 100 pounds. The cops will be notified today as I would love to see this guy brought to justice and to see what other stolen goods might be returned to other owners that are hanging at this guys house. Once again, my belief that when you visualize positive outcomes the universe will provide. It has been an amazing experience to have so many examples of this in my life. I could get into it further and provide some enlightening insight to you all but I have to go ride my bike at North Mills today and make some plans for the Enduro De Ocho. I have been at Bent Creek for the past two day making the most of the new kicker and the close trails. I have some video and will post up when I get a chance. I just wanted to say thank you to all the dudes that sent me their sympathy and kind words and suggestions on where to best post up the word. I had the feeling with so many good people looking out for my bike that it was just a matter of time. All the best people.

Jut

1 comment:

cornfed said...

you never cease to amaze me bro.

congrats!