Monday, June 23, 2008

Growing a palette, painting with razors and other pointless yet satisfying things to do.


Been staying busy having fun lately. Of course the Enduro De Ocho continues to fill the void that I have felt for so long in the mountain bike scene. It is satisfyingly to do stuff just because you can and somewhat of a lost art in this day and age. Way too often events or done because of some sort of title, points or some weak ass swag. Event promoters sometimes cash in on the new cycling craze and milk it for all it's worth. Just this past weekend I personally witnessed grown adults riding for 12 hours in 7 miles circles in a field after paying 80.00 and walking away with a one hat a beer cozies and a bell. Now to be fair the event promoter from the past weekend is donating the proceeds to charity which in the bike scene is still not as cool as loosing money for super rad events like I throw but wtf? Yes I am jaded but way too many events are done because of points when the events themselves are pointless. Sure a few can grow rad facial hair and get paid to ride. But for the less than uberfit that spend too much on entry fees to race on A lame course I say head for the hills and get your RIDE ON with your homeboys and spend that money on beer. Well the Enduro de Ocho is certainly not for everyone and as a race promoter I am only just getting started but I wanted to share a perspective with you will my mind is wondering. Event's should be more fun these days (like this). OK I'm stepping of the soap box now. In 2004 Yazoo Racing was born and we have been trying to get the cycling scene drunk and get in it's pants ever since. We have sponsored every form or fashion of cycling for the last few years. I like to think I take a few things seriously, good times and bringing people together. I have always been a uniter and not a divider, a lover not a fighter and one hell of a lover at that... Now listen here; as cyclist we must unite and stand up as the adults that still love riding bicycles that we are. Represent!
OK, now back to other pointless yet satisfying things that I am up to like growing facial for competition. Yes, I am partaking in one of those silly moustache competitions you may have heard about some dude in the office doing while hydrating around your water cooler. I feel kinda gay for doing it but I have secretly been looking for any reason to bring back the stash after letting it go last year. I only had it for a second but I grew attached. I think in my past life I probably had one as it just feel right in a not so right kinda way. I will keep you up to date on it's progress and I am gunning for either the creepiest or most original category. I have six weeks to grow it out and look like a complete dumbass. Word. I need sleep.

Jut

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How come Ty's not in on this competition? I bet he can grow one hell of a stache...

beth said...

yeah i need sleep too mo fo! the enduro is going to be the $hit donchaknow..thanks again ambassador of fun.

skippy haha said...

that's so sweet, i think a mustache will suit you great! i want to see some enduro de ocho but will only be here on sunday - are there viewable events that day?

beth said...

hells yeah there are viewable events.. lots of um.. and maybe you could be lucky enough to be asked to chill at a post downtown for the urban adventure race.. or hang at a pump track or check out the chopper obstical course.. get your bike and come hang/volunteer!;)

skippy haha said...

right on! i don't have a bike, i have shoes, and a camera, and ability to follow directions...

Anonymous said...

i just want to welcome everyone to the OCHO de WHOA-YO and say that even though you will have hangovers mean enough to get gainful employment in the Spanish inquisition, you will have the best weekend you have had yet all year! Kudos to Jut for the efforts, everyone give him a hand and yes I can grow a major stache but my chin gets too sore from obliging all the requests for mustache rides