Monday, May 5, 2008

What the hell, was that a bike race or Marti Gras?


There was a party in Fayetteville and Yazoo was invited. The were bikes and lots of them, about 400 people showed up and rocked out the beautiful back yard of the Higgin's amily farm for three days. One bike, one gear, 100 beers and twelve stitches later I sit here thinking about what a killer weekend I just had and wishing I could go back and do it all again, minus the stitches and with more bike riding. I'd love to write all about the battle royal called SSUSA, my 12 hour race that lasted 30 minutes and all the hilarious moments that occurred over the course of the last few days but I don't even know where to start. It doesn't help that I am still pretty tired, so for tonight I will let a few pictures tell it from my point of view then I will fill in the gaps later. Besides, if you are checking this blog you probably know most of the story already anyways or know where to get the scoop. However in the event I don't get back to this subject, I would like to say thanks to all the crew in Fayetteville that made it such a killer weekend. Grant and Clay threw one kick ass party/race and did an amazing job. And everyone else involved was great, tons of locals that came out to help make D.S.&G one rockin' time. To Doctor Warren and Ginny N, thanks for the free stitches and the medical swag bag. It was so good to see the Yazoo crew as well as the extended bike family and hang out for a beautiful weekend in good ole' TN. It defiantly was not the way I expect the weekend to go but good times happen both on the bike and off it at a race like this. I formally state that this race defiantly gets the "Yazoo Crew Seal of Approval" and if I was more proficient with photoshop I would take the time to make one just so I could send it to those guys. The ability to combine competitive cycling and serious "good times" has apparently been forgotten by to many people out there riding bicycles. I heard several people this weekend talking about how this reminded them of the good ole days of cycling events. Well the good times are back again, bring on the bike love & beer hand ups. Write up will happen tomorrow once I get some sleep.






















f

No comments: