Thursday, May 29, 2008

This ones for the boys back home and whoever else is listening...

It's been awhile. Lots has happened too much to really update. I can only say that this town just keeps getting better, the crow's nest has been a revolving door of good bike people, bad ass musicians playing until the wee hours and course lets not forget the lovely ladies. Spring has hit in the mountains and the good times have taken over. Girls on handlebars, DJ's, pumptracks, 5 hours rides and 5 mile descents have been my life over the past two weeks. The stitches are out, the riding has picked way up and I am feeling good on two wheels again. As I sit here listening to Ty's band practice in my living room with a beer in hand and a shot of Maker's in me I wonder "can it get any better than this"? Well the answer to that question is always a big Hell Yes. First off, a party awaits this weekend at the crow's nest (my b-day) and if you are reading this consider yourself invited. Send me a comment if you need an address. Several of the crew are waiting it out for the Enduro De Ocho coming in June. I can't say I blame them as the "Ocho" is not one to miss and will hopefully go down in history, however, it sucks that the combination of jobs, high gas prices, and responsibilities keep good bros at home. There may be a few hardcore coming up so let me post a picture or two tempt a few.


so anyways this is the pumptrack two miles from my house. I meet the dude that created this masterpiece last week on the La Zoom bus. His name is Jeff and he is rad. This sits next to his house in Asheville and takes me back to my roots riding bmx bikes in my backyard track. Jeff's kids are lucky and so was I to have this type of an upbringing. So I digress... The point is that there is a party this weekend and a bad ass bike race weekend in the works for June 27-29th. The Enduro De Ocho will be unlike anything Asheville has seen and Asheville is about to see what what lengths I am willing to go to so other people can have a bike experience unlike anything they have ever seen. If you are reading this put the date on your calendar and get ready to sign up when the news hits the streets. The Purple bus only holds 40 people so the field for the first jut rut production will be limited to 30 people. Expect the unexpected and know that the Most Bad Ass Mountain Biker in the World will be determined on this day once and for all. This is not some SSUSA, SSWC, NORBA Champion, or Yellow Jersey crap, no the MBAMBW title is up for grabs so get your ass to Asheville and compete in what will be a mountain bike race that will test every aspect of what it means to ride two wheels in the dirt with big tires. Mountain biking has come a long way and so have you so why not use everything you have in your bag and show up to see how you stack up. One half oldschool, one half new school and one third wtf? this event will level the playing field and may just be what you always wanted but didn't know you were lacking. So, that's enough for now. Come to the party Saturday if your cool and come out in June if you have what it takes.

The beer is taking effect. Peace.

Jut

No comments: