Saturday, May 17, 2008

A week in review

It's been another exciting week in the mountains. Last weekend was LEAF Festival and there was more wonderful music and people in one place than I have seen in long time. LEAF is an interesting combination of world music and local flavor that comes together to create a eclectic mix of people and culture. In addition to catching lots of great music I took the Pusgly out for afternoon rides and sampled home brews and sipped the finest of wines with the folks camping with me. Good spring weather and cute girls made the weekend about as good as it gets for Jut Rut and kept the smile on my face all week long.

I did manage to take care of a little business this week and it looks like I will be selling my first Green House since making a move to a new town and focusing on the Green Thang... A custom green house in West Asheville that will push the envelope of comps for the area. Hell yea, Jut may finally make a few bucks so this party can keep going!

Speaking of keeping the party going... My friend Doug rode his bike up from Atlanta and hit town on Thursday night. Drinks, nurses and a stir fry competition at the Crow's Nest ensued. By midnight I was on the bar having my stitches taken out by one cute and one slightly naughty nurse that Bruce and I brought home on the handlebars a few weeks ago. We kicked it well into the early morning hours and upon waking proceeded to cook pancakes and hit the parkway. I took the single speed cross check and Doug hauled his home on wheels up to Craggy Gardens where we had lunch and then saw Doug off as he ventured through the DO NOT CROSS Barrier just beyond Craggy on his way to Linville Falls. I didn't hear from him last night so either he made it through or is in jail facing Federal Charges for trespassing. I hope it's the first one, god speed Dougie.

Tonight it's off for a ride on the purple party bus with my coworker and new partner in crime Mosrie. He is a former New Orleans wild man and now an Asheville Green Building/Real Estate Guru so you could say we have a few things in common. Dave has a wife and kids so he is on the catch and release program which I guess makes him the perfect wing man, get em' in the boat and I can take it from here... He knows the dudes that own the bus and tonight is a party "just cause it's spring..." as Mosire says. Should be interesting and hey I haven't done this one yet so let's go.

On the philosophical phront I leave you with this life lesson in the form of a bumper sticker that I saw yesterday as Doug and I cruised through downtown before heading to the parkway.

"Don't postpone Joy"

was the sticker and it made me smile. If there is something you want to do in life why not start now, cause tomorrow never comes. Live good, good people.

Word.

No comments: