Monday, March 3, 2008

Chattanooga Good Times.

Wow, where do I begin... the past weekend was almost too much to handle. To sum it up and to protect the names of the innocent (well mostly innocent) I am going to keep this one short and sweet.

Since I couldn't race the Snake Creek Gap this weekend I thought I would make sure I still had my fun. Allow me to wrap up the race report; the Yazoo Boys Rocked. We had more racers on the line then any other team. This has been the case since we starting hitting it in January 07 but now we have become true party pros at this thing. Now, I never will probably never break the sub 3 hour mark but I sure know how to have a good time at that race. As usual I met several new guys and girls and there is defiantly something special about that gravel lot in Dalton GA that just brings out good people. Let me say thanks to all that throw this great event and next time the next time the Yazoo Crew will bring more beer. From what I heard the race conditions made this one were tough so I was not too let down that I didn't get to suffer and instead got to hang out, drink beer and cheer on the troops. It was a gorgeous day with mild temps, lots of beer and bicycles so things were already looking up from the start. You can check out the other boys blogs about what actually happened at the bike race because thanks to the flu I saw it from the sidelines. It says a lot about how cool of an event the SCG is and the people it attracts when I don't ride my bike and wind up having such a good time. My only regret is that I didn't get to hang out with a few of my new friends longer. I think there must have been something in the air this weekend because the good times just kept coming. Post race we headed back into town and I have a new respect for little ole' Chattanooga. That town is kinda like your office co-workers at a Christmas Cocktail party, you don't really know how much fun they can be until you get about a dozen drinks in them. This weekend I got to see a different side of Chattanooga and I think I like it. I got to hang with lots of good friends and made some new ones. I want to thank all that had a hand in some good times. Brock, you freakin' rule dude. Sharpie, know someone out there loves ya. Thad, thanks for always getting to know the good ones, you never cease to help a man make some good new friends. Bruce, mom has grounded me and I can't play with you until Friday. To all the crew that I won't address individually, You Make a Papa Proud. Good times in deed and since this blog has a pg 13 rating I will just have to leave it at that and enjoy the memories.

I love my life.

Jut

No comments: