Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bring it, kick it.



What a weekend... I know my bitching about the need for warmer weather had any didn't have any affect on the temps this week but spring has hit right on cue. The past few days I have felt the energy and clarity that comes with the arrival of spring. Everyone and everything seems to be coming alive again. Bring on the good long rides, ladies in less clothing, afternoons in the hammock and the punch drunk feeling I get when good weather and living the good life collide. The bump on my back is now a delightful eggplant color but feeling much better and I am back to riding as usual. (note to self, get ass pads before going back to the skate park)


The past few days have been filled with low key rides up and down long hills, hikes and disc golf with the pup. The past few nights have been filled with parties, music and good beer. I put in a good number of miles on the Parkway over the weekend, the pic above was from a late afternoon cruise up to the parkway where I found a little quiet spot to enjoy a beverage in sun with a killer view. Got in a good hike with the pup on the land to sea trail on Friday and hit the disc golf course with Ty and Judah on Saturday. The nightlife wasn't too bad this weekend either with a great party on Friday night that involved a few of my favorite things, classic tshirts, good people and bike riding. Ty, Tim and I picked a bike from the fleet and met up with Bruce for a unique experience at my friend Heathers pad. First let me tell you that if any of you need need a new tshirt let me tell you that you must check out my friend Heather's website. She has some of the coolest tshirts you will ever find and they are so good in so many ways.


A. it saves you from hitting the thrift stores when you could be out riding or parting with your crew.
B. you know your three r's. reuse, recycle, and reduce. Why buy some crap made by ten year old Chinese girls.
C. nothing beats the feel of an old tshirt and they have a style that you just can not recreate.



Well, Heather was cool enough to put up with Ty, Bruce, Tim and I as we showed up and got our "model on". Beers, turkey bags and Bourbon were on the menu and we feasted. Heather gets in tons of vintage t's from San Francisco and then invites her crew over and we dig thru 100's of killer t's add props and get our picture taken. I let you know when we hit the interweb for some laughs until then I will only tease you with this one from Ty. Post modeling party at Stella Blue for some reggae rock from Tim's brother's band. Good times, cute girls and beer what more do you want? Saturday night kicked off early with pints and pie in the sun at mellow mushroom, pints at Sculley's and last call at the crow's nest with Bruce and Ohio Rob who just hit town.


With Spring here I am now getting excited for some good bike racing. Plans are coming together for "tour de ocho" in August. Got a couple of days off in August-September (acutally all of Aug & Sept) and the plans just keep getting better. All I can say is I love that the promoters of sswc08 were kind enough schedule the race weekend in conguction of the start of Burning Man so I don't have the same feeling of despair that I felt leaving sswc05 (play where's Jut Rut). It's sucks when you have the time of your life then the party ends and you have to go back to work. I've done that one and it won't happen this time. The "ocho" is upon us and who know's how much longer this crazy train is going to stay on the tracks. The plan is to rock it like it hasn't been rocked before and that certainly calls for a sswc post party in the black rock desert with 40,000 other people avoiding the bummer life. They say you're only young once but I'm out to prove them wrong. New experiences and riding crazy rigs on la playa and it will be confirmed. I will have plenty of time to unwind and regroup on the way up to Seattle, B.C. then dropping into Montana for some quality time. Word up West Coaster's Jut Rut's on the way.


No comments: