Monday, February 18, 2008

Livin' the Dream


Wow, feels like I have lived a lifetime in the past four days. To borrow a phase from an old movie, I have been sucking the marrow out of life. Now where do I begin?

I finished making my bed frame on Thursday. Cool platfrom bed style. Made it for less than 200 bucks and used all natural products, good times and now I finally have real bed. Went out with some other single fellas on Thursday night and called it a day.

The boys hit town on Friday. Jamie and I kicked it off with keg run to Pisgah Brewing Company and a trip to the I-9 Factory. They are located right outside of West Asheville and have an amazing facility with more bad ass wheels, machines and dirt jumps than one could ever imagine. These boys are doing it right and once I sell a few Green Homes I will put some green down on a set of amazing wheels. Check out Jamie’s blog for more photos as I forgot my camera to document the amazing work that goes into a set of these wheels. Big thanks to the boys for the kind welcome and for the beers and letting me borrow a bike to blast some air on their sick set of jumps. Elliot and Greg soon arrived at the Crow’s Nest and it was off to Barleys Tap Room for darts, beers and slices. Emmie, Fred and Libby joined the boys and we headed back to the pad to tap the keg of Pisgah Pale and had a dance party to celebrate Emmie’s birthday at the stroke of midnight.

Saturday was hazy to say the least as the good times on Friday night rolled well into the am. We hooked up with Benet, the yazoo boys and Bishop and decided to ride Pisgah. The wind storm from last week did some serious damage and we quickly found ourselves hiking over, under, and around giant trees that had taken a beating from the intense winds that blew though. We made the call to head to Bent Creek after getting on/off the bike numerous times over the a span of 500 feet. The boys headed to Bent Creek and I hit the store for party supplies. The party picked up around 8 and went off till around 2 am. Probably had a good 50-60 people thru the Crow’s Nest over the course of the evening. Great people, great music & great times. It went by in a blur and finally crashed out around 4 am.

Woke up at 8:30 to the ride call. I was secretly hoping for a rain out and a few more hours of sleep but it was only light rain and the threat of more to come so we headed out to Black Mtn. for the Sunday epic. Met up with Matt J at Biowheels, and hooked up with Chris B, and Bishop at the trail head for Kitsuma. Climbed up Rattlesnake in cold winds and light rain on the big squishy bike. Now this was the third time I have taken the Blur off road. The gears came in handy for the multimile climb up rocks and roots to the top of Heartbreak Ridge. The gears however did not seem to help with my lack of energy and hangover from the past three nights of burning it at both ends and a five hour bike ride in Pisgah is not the smartest after 4 hours of sleep. The crew was nice enough to wait for me at the several points along the climb for which I am eternally grateful. It wasn’t all pain and suffering though as there was great 6 mile decent waiting for us once we reached the top. The climb back up to the car was rough and I was VERY happy to see the car once I was done. After ride pizzas at My Fathers in Black Mtn where 7 guys consumed enough food to feed a small community and I could feel the life coming back into me. Great day overall, we missed the major rains that came in an hour after we wrapped up and I was able to call the weekend to a close.

This barely touches on all that took place and I am still too tired to type much more. Come on up boys and girls, Jamie, Dunn and Elliot will admit that it doesn’t get much better than a weekend at the Crow’s Nest.

Until next time...

Jut

No comments: