Saturday, January 2, 2010

Jut Rut is dead, love live Jut Rut.

Warning: Serious Post.

The two year vacation is over. I have lived the dream to the point where I am ready to wake up from it. A lot has become clear over the last two months and I have learned a lot about myself and where the ride I've been on takes you in the end.

I've been at this crossroad before. In 1998, I pushed the envelop to this point. After months of surfing in Costa Rica, snowboarding in CO, then riding the summer out on Folly Beach I was hungry to have responsibilities and feel productive. 1997-1999 were good times indeed and I remember them with a smile on my face but I knew when I was done. The later part of 2009 made it all to clear that it's time for a change once again.

With a new year comes new opportunities. I think I'll take advantage of them and remind myself that before moving to Asheville I had a lot to be proud of that didn't involve riding bikes and throwing down.

I know I had some stuff to process and hundreds of miles of great trails to get to know. I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of both now and it's time to grow in other ways. Does this mean it's back to business for Jut Rut, yes. Does Jut Rut know how to mix business with pleasure, well of course.

So more quality Brew Crew events will happen, dance parties will ensue and of course some level of documentation of rides and races will take place. But be forewarned you will see me in a collared shirt more often.

All the best to all my friends and family in the year ahead. I have a good feeling about this one..

Win in O'10!

Justin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm excited to see where 2010 takes you Jut! I've always known you as someone who "got things done" so I know you'll succeed where you put your efforts!

EndlessBikeCo. said...

You got this Jut and you know the Crew will be behind you no matter what! Happy New Year my beautiful friend!