Monday, January 25, 2010

Check with me in March. Feburary is fully booked already..


Let the good time roll! 2010 is off to a great start and with a full calendar of amazing events how could one not smile knowing what's in store for the next month. This weekend is the Icycle bike race/throwdown party and then Monotonix later that night. photo cred to suckapants.


Next weekend is party at the Bennett's celebrating my good friend hitting the big 4O and more good music in Asheville. Hopefully the trails will dry out and some good riding can take place on Sunday so I can loosen up the legs and feel ready for the Heartbreaker.




Hell yea, it's the one and only Heartbreaker coming your way. I have a kickass band coming together for the after party but I will keep our musical entertainment hush hush till all the details are wrapped up. I rode the trail last week with Jeff Z and it was in great shape (till I hit snow 2/3rds of the way up). Up to that point the trail was dry, fast with no blow down. If you want to ride Heartbreak in the next few days you might want to consider the ole' out n' back otherwise you might be dealing with this. If you heed my advice and ride it out and back and you get to enjoy scenes like this.






The next weekend will feature either a trip to Bike Love or a winter surfing trip to Folly Beach. Can't really go wrong either way, Bike Love has been a such a wonderful time for the last two years and I hate to even think about missing it (although I can't usually remember them either but that's another story). However, a free trip to Charleston and reports of head high glassy winter waves would be the only thing that may tempt me away from the world class good times that are associated with my favorite AOB throw down of the year.

The next weekend is the Clemson DH race. This race is SICK. Bring the flow and let go of the brakes. It was my first real experience in gravity last year and I am looking forward to hitting this one again with less braking.

I feel very fortunate to live in an area where there are bike events every weekend in February. While it would be nice to be riding the pow pow with my friends out west I am thankful that I will be busting berms and shredding sweet single track over the next few weeks in preparation for the rest of the season.

As for other matters in the life of Jut.. Business is picking up, my green home newsletter is in the works, and I have been working on another blog that that focuses on my passion that pays the bills. The phone is starting to ring with calls for new listing opportunities and buyers looking to make a move in 2010. Funny how when you put it out there and do the work necessary stuff starts happening (duh). If you want to know more about what's happening on the Green Scene here in Asheville (I am referring to homes) send me an email justin@justinasheville.com with your contact information and I will add you to the email or snail mail list and keep you in the loop on green home news and sales information. Or if you want to talk about Real Estate in general give me a call. In an attempt to be cool I am not sure if I have ever shared the extent of my real estate background on this blog since I try to keep it focused on bikes and good times. But just so you know I have over 300 Real Estate Transactions under my belt over the last 10 years and if handling a Real Estate transaction where anything like riding a bike I might be able to keep up with this guy.
That's it for now. Work, ride, repeat..
Jut

No comments: