Friday, February 6, 2009

Let's take the scenic route today..



With a little snow falling on the Asheville the past few days I decided it was time to earn my beer and ride to the brewery (the fun way). I rode up Sunset to Patton Mountain Rd (?) where the ride turned to snow. From there the snow didn't leave my tires. I don't know most of the names of the roads I took or how to explain how I got there but I will say along this particular ride I see a long gravel road climb (when it's not covered in snow) then a water tower, then town mtn rd, then hang a left off T.M. From this point I would only get you lost so I am not even going to try to explain how I get to Shope Creek. Here is a breakdown of the route in a format people around here often use to decribe their ride.


Roads below Town Mountain Rd > a 2 mile(?) gravel road to Town Mountain>Town Mountain >Wildcat Ridge gap ?> Sweet 3 or 4 miles of Doubletrack > Craven Gap > Unnamed Trails and Pugsly Freeriding > Shope Creek > Matt J's House > Warren Wilson Trails > Old 70 > Pisgah Brewing Company Driveway > Brewery > Barstool.


I left my house at 2:30 and got to the brewery at 7:30 just in time to rendezvous with Beth and Bruce who were nice enough to come and pick up Matt and I (big thanks Beth, the bike ride back would have SUCKED). The Pusgly is not the fastest way to get there unless your racing in Alaska but 99% of the time it's not who wins but how you play the game. Enjoy the pics.

Jut Rut










1 comment:

EndlessBikeCo. said...

I love it! I bet you guys were sooo exhausted. I want to go next time. Please. I'll ride fast...I won't be slow...no dilly dallying...promise. See ya at Snake.