Monday, September 22, 2008

Montana, oh how I love thee…













































































Better have the intervention ready when I hit home boys I am about done. Since my last update or check in with the real world I have wrapped up the Seattle portion of the trip in style with Stobin showing us around town and the I-5 urban freeride park then rounding out the night in some kick ass bars and Mexican food in downtown Seattle. Great city, great host, and a righteous last night playing Skeeball and hanging with friends. I had almost become anti-city but Seattle gave me hope in many ways. I know most cities are basically screwed up but Seattle is on to something and felt as progressive as it gets when it came to many aspects I consider important, quality of life, being the main one. We said our good byes to Stobin, “bye Dad” and our Seattle HeadHeadquarters then rolled out at 5 o’clock making it to Idaho by midnight. We pulled the snooze and cruise near Corcour de’ lene and upon waking up and chating with some locals we realized we needed some heavier artillery going into bear country in Montana. We stopped into Black Sheep Sporting Goods and hooked up with one bad ass bb gun (The Rattler), 5,000 bbs, a sling shot and bear bells. We are now Black Sheep V.I.P.’s and ready for what ever kind of trouble that may come our way. After a little target practice behind the building we headed East again. We pulled into Missoula Montana around 3, stopped into Missoula Bicycle Works, chatted with Buck at the shop who gave us two juicy nuggets that would change the way the next 36 hours would transpire. He point us to Rattlesnake Wilderness for a ride and when asked where to go post ride he mentioned the Kettle House for a pint of goodness. Where it went from there words could not describe. All I can say is that I know I have a second home called Missoula and the people, trails, scene, rivers, mountains, and did I mention people are some of the best around. It would take me hours to describe the good times that occurred there over the past 72 hours but the memories will last forever and the pictures will remind me when I am old and can’t even remember my name. It was great to meet so many cool, friendly people that felt like friends I have known forever in such high concentration. And just to sweeten the pot they throw down with the best of them. In many ways it was a little utopia that fit well with the dream world I have been living in for the past two months. I know I tend to get lucky but I scored on this one big time meeting some quality folks that took us under there wing and checked out of the real world with us for a few days. As we were trying to leave we ran into Max from the ss worlds and Fred's Well who is currently riding his bike to Brokyland from Seattle, small fucking world. Good times, we rocked it at the bars, rode the trails for two days, floated the river, ate good, drank good, shot guns, drank tequila, broke hearts and had our’s broken. Yes, life was good in Missoula and to the Missoula crew, know that your are all part of the band and we send you our love. Don’t worry, we will be back.

We narrowly escaped the grip Missoula had on us and headed to Bozeman for Montana Round Two. We had instructions to hook up with another friend of a friend and supporter of the cause who was ready to get in on the action and show us some new trail and good times in another good town. We rallied once again and shut the town down after stopping by a friend’s party and woke up and rode some amazing trail today. As I sit here at 1:45 a.m. I am officially whipped after a great day of riding and stop by another kick ass brewery. More on the Bozeman experience later I am out.



UPDATE: Red Truck found, then hidden. There are some lucky dudes in B.C.



I got an email from our BC brethren and although there are no back flips of trucks for the next few weeks our boy Daren is going to make it.


"Hey Justin, David just sent me your blog. NICE!! Here some more pics I took today. I would love to see them posted on your story page. before and after. You can add in your story that I'm OK but ended up with two compressed fractures in my back. I'll be down for 5 more weeks. Thanks for everything guys. I hope you went north over the Duffy Lake road like I told you and found that open pit copper mine...pretty kewel. Thanks again, you guys Rock!!" Darin


Well there you go, you heard it from the source. Darin lives to tale the tale! Here are a few pics to let you know just how lucky these guys are.


You B.C. boys keep the torches lit I will be back and next time we will jump bicycles not trucks. So glad to hear you made it, we have more good times to come...


I say Shit, God Damn, my life rules.







No comments: