Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I have offically been humbled...











I use to think I knew how to ride a bike. Whistler has humbled me in a way that no other place has. I know, I only have 6 inches up front and 5 in the rear but DAMN, I thought I could still rock some big stuff out. If you are planning on coming to Canada, eah, bring the biggest bike you can find, eah. The double blacks diamonds and pro lines are off the freaking charts and with a hangover I wasn't exactly bringing my A game to the A Line Trail. Bruce ate shit on one of the drops and called it a day. Thanks to Stobins body armor and full face helmet that Bruce borrowed all he has to show is a bruised heal despite going into over the bars into a pile of rocks. Just going down the mountain all day took it's toll on me, the thumb still hurts bad and the left leg is now turning green with accents of black and blue from the crash a few days ago. We are hitting some of Whistlers finest cross country trails today that are still loaded with natural and manmade obstacles. Then a good nights rest and hit the bike park one more time before head back to the states.



Oh, the boarder crossing was an adventure. Due to our shady looks we spent some time at customs talking with the Canadian Boarder Patrol. They decided to let us in despite our criminal past and Bruce's FBI record. We picked up two ginormous bottles of Crown Royal for 21.oo bucks at the duty free store and word is that we have to finish it before heading back so we might just stay awhile if not just say fuck it and find some jobs here. Whistler rocks and if you can ride this shit you got balls and skills. Wish some of you guys were up here so I would have somebody to show up, even the hot chicks are kicking my ass on some of this stuff.

all the best, eah..

Jut

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you guys are having fun. enough about Pisgah Bruce...is my bike alright??!?!?!
just kiddin'....kinda...if you can keep one of the bottles unopened you can bring it back with you. just keep all fruits and alcohol out of sight on your trip back to the USA.

Perhaps rent a big bike so you can go huge and do some 10" drops?? Evolution is my favorite shop. Go to The Longhorn, Garfinkel's, Tommy Africa's, Max Phish or Mo Joe's to pick up a little strange before you come back.

oh, and if you see Pisgah Bruce, tell him to 'come home' :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you guys are having fun as well. Go to Evolution and rent some Specialized Demos, then head back to Garbanzo! You will have the time of your life. From the looks of the weather it is perfect up there. Bruce sorry to hear about the crash. Ride hard and stay in one piece dudes! :)