Tuesday, September 30, 2008


















Bruce and I rounded the bases and made it back to home base safe and somewhat sound. Wow, what a trip it's been. Two months and 13 thousand miles later I sit here at the Crow's Nest typing on my ole desktop. I made it without breaking any bones or being arrested and that says a lot.The trip back home was quite an event in itself after wearing myself out day after day for two months. After taking two relaxing days hanging out in Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Forest, we power drove from Cheyenne Wyoming to Nashville TN then proceeded to hook up with Ivory at the High Noon Hollow for some much needed R & R. Instead pf getting any rest we rallied one more time and partied with the M'boro crew till 4 am after getting an hour and a half of sleep the night before. We woke up, went caving then proceeded to make the drive to Pisgah for one more night of camping and a day of riding. We pulled into Pisgah at 1 am and setup camp for the last time. Woke up had a little target practice then proceeded to hit the home trails. I can't describe the feeling of having the tires back on some Pisgah Singletrack but I will say that this place is home.


Bittersweet is the best way to describe the feeling I have today. It is great to be back home with friends, my dog, a bed and other conveniences but after a good night sleep I am already missing the feeling of wondering what is around the next corner. Fortunately I live in a beautiful place with enough good people and good trails to satisfy that craving each day. The trip back was a perfect winding down type of experience with a few more wild ones thrown in for good measure and to make sure I got my fill. So it will be nice to relax and make plans for the next one. I have plenty of good ideas to keep me busy here for a little while and it's my favorite time of year to hanging in the mountains of NC. With new sponsors Pisgah Brewing Company and Ecohouse look for more quality events to be coming from ole Jut Rut and crew. The Enduro De Ocho was just the beginning to what will be some kick ass events coming out of the Asheville area and with this trip under my belt I have a few new tricks up my sleeve.
As for the journey I just had, there is no real end in sight. Life just keeps on coming for all of us and it is up to you to keep your eyes open and see it as an adventure or as a daily grind. Well, I'm not going back to the grind any time soon. I don't see enough happening to keep me very busy in the Real Estate sector so it is the perfect time to sharpen a few more skills that I have been letting slide during the past 8 years of easy money. So, it's art projects and bike event promotion while the fallout occurs from the bomb that has just gone off in the financial and real estate markets. Yes, life is good and once again the timing has come together for ole jut rut. And with a clear head and an open heart I feel like I am just getting started in a new town. The cobwebs are gone and I can't wait to see where the next few months take me. More later, I need a nap.

Keep the fire buring.

Jut

2 comments:

PisgahWorks said...

I can't thank you enough for the trip of a lifetime. You made it happen. You Rock. You're Crazy. Thank You Forever.

Jen said...

I'm so jealous! You def got to live the dream!