Monday, July 14, 2008

This party is only getting started...

Another fun filled week is now in the books. Monday and Tuesday were good days on the bike. On Wednesday Matt Johnson the Pisgah Princess and I hit Nashvegas for the Ween show. The Yazoo Crew met us at Red Door East for Happy Hour to set the night off right. The Ween show was great and they played several songs I had never heard. It was hard set and the temp inside city hall had to be 100 plus degrees to add to the intensity. After Ween we hit the Honky Tonks on Broadway for some country and rock classics before wrapping up at 3 crow. We got an early start on Thursday and made our way back home in time to hit a party in West Asheville then Bruce, P.P. and I caught Boom Box at the Grey Eagle. The show was awesome and the dancing went on till 1:30 or so. Post Boom Box and a beer at Pisgah Works Headquarters I rode home only to find a beautiful blond in my living room. A few of Ty's friends were on their way over and she turned out to be friends with the crew that were a few minutes behind me. After some conversation the living room turned into a dance floor and the blond and I danced till 4am as Ty tried to impress the Bluegrass Crowd with his ability to do the windmill to no avail. Friday came early and I made a trip to the office to make sure they hadn't moved my stuff to the street thinking I was dead or missing. I learned that my real estate license was expired which in turn meant that I could not work on Saturday and Sunday at Whisper Mountain as planned. Oh well, guess I can just ride my bike now... Ohio Rob came into town fresh off the BC Bike race and his Pisgah Princess and I went to the Mountains to find cooler temps, killer trail, and a beautiful waterfall / swimming hole. We hit one of the best swimming holes I have seen yet and it felt like I had been baptized in the cool rushing waters of Pisgah (I needed that). I kept it low key on Saturday night in anticipation of yet another Mt Mitchell training ride on Sunday however, as we drove into Black Mountain the streets turned to rivers as the skies dropped an inch or two of rain in minutes. We had coffee and waited to see if it would break and soon decided to bail and hit it somewhere else. A call from Rob waiting the Aville airport informed us that it was raining South of town so it was back to the Crow's Nest for a fix gear ride on the river. I put a 46x15 on the Surley and Beth and I cranked out the River Road ride with only a few good hills to make you work and plenty of nice views of the river to keep it enjoyable. A quiet night at home and some good food was how I have chosen to start the week of purge. With ORAMM and two months of insane riding and all around debauchery I am cleaning out the pipes. It is about time as the good times have not stopped for a while so I am hiding in the basement of the crows nest watching bike videos and eating good food for the next two weeks in hopes of having a good showing at ORAMM and so I feel like rockin' it when I hit the Rockies.



Speaking of the Rockies, OMG look the fuck out! Ty and his band High Windy are hitting the North Range a day or two before Bruce and I hit town. High Windy is playing 6 shows in Fort Collins, Denver and Colorado Springs at the same time we will be out there. I have tickets to a sold out Michael Franti & Spearhead show in Boulder at the Fox Theater two days after our arrival on the scene. Then it's on to Crested Butte, Durango and Fruta before going further west. It is my hope that between the million dollar ideas I come up on this trip and the connections I make will seal my future as a vagabond mountain biker who can travel the world in search of the holly trail. This is the trip that I have always wanted to take and it seems to be happening just as I envisioned it would. More to come on the plans for surviving on the road for 2 months and 8,000 miles. Check back for details on how you can live vicariously though two dudes for two months and know that your money is going to help a good cause.

Love is what I'm feeling. Jut

No comments: