Thursday, July 31, 2008

The day has come...

With the moustache party and ORAMM behind me it is now time for the main event. This one has been in the making since I received my email from the SSWC back in January. Actually, I have been thinking about this one well before I received the email, I visualized it all coming together and now here it is. I have mentioned the power of visualization before but once again it has proven it's worth in that I am heading West with a great friend by my side and four bikes on top of the car for a two month journey into the unknown. The past few days have brought numerous emotions and deep quandaries into the events of the last few years and my life thus far. I feel like I have let go of a lot this year and been stripped to my core once again and I intend on taking advantage of two months on the road to further explore what has, what is and what will be the next step in this thing we call life. In between the pondering I will be living in the moment as I understand the future is just a dream and the past is just that, the past. However, as I mentioned above the dreams keep you alive and make tomorrow what it will be and the past has brought you to where you are today so they are both important to consider. I know this is a stray from my usual blog entry but I feel like I am in a place where I am ready to experience the more meaningful things in life and bring it up a few levels. I haven't woken up this early and been so ready to go since my days of surfing. As I sit here typing these words I envision myself on a shore looking out at the waves rolling in waiting patiently for my time to enter the vast ocean and catch my first ride. We all walk in to the ocean every day in some way and it is the wave you choose to catch that will determine where you go. I wish you all some great waves and the ability to see them rise on the horizon so that you may catch them with ease and ride them to wherever your dreams may take you. I want to say I love you to all my friends and family and for you all to know that you will be with me on this trip. When you think of me visualize me cleaning technical lines on far away trails and catching air and my wheels connecting safely with the earth beneath me. Picture great new friends and new experiences that will enhance my perspective that people by their nature are caring and good and the universe ultimately wishes you well. I believe it, Yell fire!

Peace and love,

Jut

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Best wishes for a safe trip! I hope to cross paths somewhere on the way. Keep updating us poor saps!

Ohio Robb said...

Go get em Jut, see you at SSWC. good luck till then and beyond...