Friday, April 4, 2008

Have your tickets ready and fasten your seat belts

Jut's coming home baby... Just got word that I have a ticket waiting for me for the second nights show of The Raconteurs CD release at the Mercy Lounge. Tickets were gone in 6 minutes for both nights and my brother from another mother, partner in crime and yazoo's very own Chris Ivory just made my fucking week. After posting the Raconteurs video last week I hit the record store downtown and picked up a copy of Consolers of the Lonely. The albums rocks and if you like to rock like I do, pick up a copy and thank me later.

10 days till one killer show and hooking up with the Nashville Crew. It's been over two months since I was in the land of rhinestones and although I have been trying to convince myself otherwise, I miss Nashvegas. Asheville has been good to me and although I have had plenty to keep me busy there are moments were I crave the ole familiar good feelings that comes with knowing tons of people in my old hood, my crew and things like pump track Wednesday and Tuesday nights on the polo court. Get ready for a few days of debauchery just in time to ruin my form before Cohutta. Looks like I will hit town on the 14th and most likely couch surf till it's time to head south for cohutta on Thursday or Friday. Speaking of Cohutta I have a pretty sweet place to live on Friday and Saturday. Looks like the Lodge at Sourmash Ridge (I couldn't have made that up) will be Yazoo Team Headquarters for a weekend. Get those bottles of Jack Daniels ready boys we're gonna set this one on fire... I just booked the lodge and it looks like it will be filled with the likes of soul craft rider and all around badass single speed dude Ben Thornton and his Texas Trio. Coming in from the cold we have the Ohio Boys; Rob and Chip who came down to N. GA for the Snake and kicked some serious locals asses and are were all so cool that we love them in spite of it all. From my new home of Asheville NC, we have the one and only Pisgah Bruce and fresh young Jedi in training David Bishop who is allowed to stay in the lodge now that he just turned 21 (happy b-day bishop). Chattanooga's wonderboy Brook Landers will be in the house along with "I can't believe he still has his bike" Jason. Nashville's finest Ivory, Thad, Mike will be there in black making sure that all the ladies have cold beers and directions to Sourmash Ridge waiting for them at the finish line. By my count that's eleven before you start counting the girls that should be showing up. Ladies, the champagne is chilling and if your raced the foot rubs are free come hot tub time. When life rocks, turn up the fuckin volume... Salute your Solution


Jut Rut

1 comment:

Ohio Robb said...

christ...i better start saving energy for the race AND the party with this crew in tow. i'll bring in some local cleveland craft brew to help the ladies' thirst and hope that Chip really feels like driving in the morning. Do we really get Pisgah Works? i thought he defected to the "other" cabin