Monday, December 1, 2008

Abundance and Bicycles










Thanksgiving weekend Asheville 08. You name it, I rode it, ate it or drank it. Bent Creek single track, dirt jumps, dual slalom, pump track, nighttime xc racing, urban assault, and girls on handle bars.
Word up to my Flint Street family for hosting the good times on Thursday and all my crew who brought feast and to a lovely lady who dropped off the good stuff. Nashville rock star J Massey and one of Missoula's finest, Jhen, were in Asheville so needless to say we rocked it out in between riding our bicycles for four days.
The first annual Gobbler race came and despite the weather and the hours of post race bike maintenance it will require, I had a blast. I opted out of the downhill due to not wanting to take all my bikes apart but I am sure people got muddy and crashed a lot. I had enough of it after the night time xc race and slept in on Sunday. Good venue, cool event, good people, bad weather, oh well, at least the weather couldn't be much worse next year.
Well, the house guest have left, the fridge is full of leftovers, and there is a half full keg of porter in my front yard. Thanksgiving just won't stop giving.
jut

2 comments:

PisgahWorks said...

Way to rock it out lately Jut. Johnny Roxville would be proud.

beth said...

nice girl on girl handle bar shot..