Friday, August 22, 2008

We made it...

We made it to California. It has been a trip within a trip and I am well rested at Aunt Pam's pad in San Rafael. Of course I took it to the edge before resting up on a couch last night and by edge I mean the middle of nowhere Nevada in the desert for a few days with Doom, Jon and crew from Durango and other assorted fellows from CO that we hooked up with at the Windmill, Bike Alter and dry lake bed. Bruce and I drove all night after an evening polo match on the lake bed to make it to California just in time to pick up more beer then meet up with the SSWC08 crew for a ride in Sonoma and free beer and tacos at the sycip headquarters. It was the perfect way to come back to society after a few day in the desert. Post Moab Bruce and I headed to Zion for a ride Gooseberry Mesa and met up with his step brother who just happened to live on the road that lead to the trail. We got up early to beat the 115 degree heat that was expected and rode rocks for a few hours and meet up with a similar soul on day 42 of his experience on the road. From Gooseberry we headed to the extraterrestrial highway for the light show of a life time. If you happen to be heading west stop in Rachael NV around 11-Midnight and see what new toys your tax dollars are going towards. Bruce and I spent an hour saying nothing but "dude! look at that one, dude, look at that one. WOW!" for an hour straight as we witnessed "crafts" turn into fireballs and stop change direction and repeat in the night desert sky. The next morning we met up with the Durango crew at the "other windmill" and we saw jet fighters flying 100 yards above us, as we styled out the bike alter, and shot plastic army men and coins at 20 yards. It was a day that words just can not describe so I won't go into details but I will say that one day felt like a week and I had my own personal burning man experience on la playa and feel like I am more in tune than I have been in years. Today it's off to the S.F. for an urban ride then on to a sswc barbecue. Tonight it's mayhem in S.F. and we will see where I wake up. Pics coming when more time is availalbe. Livin' to the max. Lovin' you all.

Jut Rut

1 comment:

mogley said...

insanely envious. must ride china camp while in san rafael. not sure how i found this blog, but damn i wish i was on that trip right now!